Kate is the head of the corporate tax practice and is a highly experienced tax lawyer who advises on a broad range of issues. She works with the full spectrum of clients, advising on the tax aspects of M&A, private equity, reorganisations and the design and implementation of share incentive arrangements.
Kate joined the firm in 2008 from a leading national firm and has been a partner since 2010. Kate currently sits on the Strategy Board of the firm.
Kate has a broad practice with a particular interest in corporate tax, employee share schemes and employment–related taxation. She has extensive experience in advising in relation to exit planning and reorganisations along with private equity transactions. She is a popular choice as tax counsel for entrepreneurs.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Seal Software in connection with the sale of the company to Docusign for USD188m providing advice across a number of areas with a focus on share scheme advice
- The management team of Stackhouse Poland Group Ltd on its sale to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co including advice in connection with the transaction, share incentives and exit tax planning
- The shareholders of BBS Consultants & Actuaries Ltd on its sale to Broadstone on exit tax planning
- A leading company in the automotive industry on the strategic design and implementation of a complex long term incentive plan
- The developer of care homes in connection with the SDLT, VAT and construction industry aspects of a number of projects
- Numerous clients in connection with adjustments to the Off Payroll Working rules (IR35)
- Various clients in relation to both cash and equity based management incentive arrangements and long-term incentive plans (including advice in connection with EMI, CSOP, SIP)
Kate was an award winner in the 2020 Legal Week Women, Influence and Power in Law list which recognises top women lawyers who have made a remarkable difference in the legal profession. She was also named as an Acritas Star lawyer for 2020 which recognises client-nominated, stand-out lawyers in private practice.