Sarah has over 20 years’ experience of advising clients on all corporate, real estate and commercial tax issues providing commercial and pragmatic advice.
Sarah trained and worked as an associate at a major City law firm, then became a partner of two national law firms before joining Stevens & Bolton in 2022 as a partner.
Sarah has extensive expertise in relation to all real estate and construction tax issues, including VAT, stamp duty land tax, the CIS and capital allowances.
Sarah has also a wealth of experience advising in relation to the tax issues on mergers and acquisitions, and negotiating the tax documentation. She can also advise on all employment tax issues and has particular expertise area of IR35.
Sarah can also advise on all other commercial VAT issues, especially in relation to zero rating and the exemption from VAT.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for a household leisure name in relation to their acquisitions of sites across the UK
- Acting for a multi-national manufacturer of lifts on several mergers and acquisitions
- Advising large corporate clients on managing their IR35 risks, and delivering IR35 training to them
- Advising a university on its real estate issues
- Successfully defending high-net-worth individuals in relation to their SDLT disputes with HM Revenue and Customs, with the highest value of tax at stake over £300,000
Sarah is a member of the VAT and Duties Sub-Committee of the Law Society, a regular speaker at external conferences and author of specialist articles.