Our specialist insurance team offers a comprehensive, cross-practice service for businesses operating across the insurance sector.
Comprising expertise from our corporate, commercial, technology, IP, employment, dispute resolution, finance, restructuring and insolvency teams, we advise insurance businesses on a range of legal and commercial needs.
We act for insurers, intermediaries, service providers and customers of the industry, giving us a unique 360 degree view. Many of our lawyers have been seconded to insurance companies and have a deep understanding of the business issues affecting the sector, as well as the pressures faced by in-house teams.
Whilst we act for businesses big and small, our particular expertise lies in the mid-market – advising insurance entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs as well as large corporates on mid-market deals. We have a wealth of knowledge of the issues faced by the insurance market and offer quality legal advice that adds commercial value to our clients’ businesses.
- Transactions including the sale and purchase of insurers, intermediaries and technology providers to the industry
- B2B agreements including outsourcing and distribution, TOBAs, panel, claims and complaints handling, policy administration, Insurtech, and broker commercial/remuneration arrangements
- Insolvency and restructuring services, including in the context of run-off
- Employment advice including in relation to the SMCR
- Business protection support for brokers
- IP support and brand protection
- Real Estate work for insurers
- Insurance dispute resolution
S&B provide an excellent service and practical advice, without trying to over complicate matters. The team are helpful, client friendly lawyers.