We advise insurers, reinsurers, brokers, other intermediaries and insurtech providers on corporate, commercial and regulatory matters, both domestically and cross-border.
We have deep experience and knowledge of the insurance sector and regularly act for (re)insurers, brokers, other intermediaries and service providers operating in the insurance sector, giving us a valuable 360 degree view. Many of our insurance sector lawyers have been seconded to insurance companies or have experience of working at the regulator(s) and have a deep understanding of the sector, the current issues affecting it, as well as the complex regulatory environment in which (re)insurers and intermediaries operate.
We regularly act on corporate and commercial transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, business transfers, restructurings, insurance distribution, including affinity partnerships, insurance outsourcing and insurtech arrangements, as well as providing regulatory and governance advice. We also act on insurance disputes and complex claims resolution. Our team has experience of acting for clients in both the life and general insurance sectors, as well as those operating in the Lloyd’s market.
Our expertise includes:
- Corporate transactions, including the acquisition and disposal of insurers, intermediaries and technology providers to the industry, insurance business transfer schemes (including Part VII transfers) and reinsurance arrangements
- Commercial agreements, including outsourcing and distribution, TOBAs, panel, claims and complaints handling, policy administration, insurtech, and broker commercial/remuneration arrangements
- Insolvency and restructuring services, including in the context of run-off
- Insurance regulation and governance advice
- Employment advice including in relation to the SMCR
- Business protection support for brokers
- IP support and brand protection and data privacy advice
- Contentious and non-contentious real estate work for insurers
- Insurance disputes and complex claims resolution
- Specialist environmental insurance and environmental liabilities advice
S&B provide an excellent service and practical advice, without trying to over complicate matters. The team are helpful, client friendly lawyers.
THE LEGAL 500