Having a clear Will that sets out your wishes for your estate not only gives you peace of mind, it also makes the process of dealing with your estate much easier for your loved ones when the time comes.
We appreciate that many people find making a Will difficult, both due to the legal complexity and emotional sensitivity of the issues involved. Our Will solicitors provide close personal support and practical legal guidance, making it as simple and stress-free as we can for you to get the right Will in place for your estate and loved ones.
At Stevens & Bolton, our highly experienced Will solicitors can help you with:
- Making and updating Wills
- Inheritance tax planning
- Will trusts
- Will disputes
Our typical Wills and estate planning clients include:
- Local families of all income levels
- Medium to high net worth individuals
- Business owners
- International entrepreneurs
- City professionals
- Entertainment industry professionals
- UK non-domiciled individuals
We are ranked Tier 1 for Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate by the Legal 500. Several of our team are also highly ranked by Chambers & Partners for their Private Wealth Law expertise, including Stuart Skeffington, Nick Acomb and Daryl Fox.
Eleven of our team are members of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP), the leading global association for inheritance and succession planning professionals.
Find out how our Will solicitors in Guildford can help you
For clear, sensitive Wills and estate planning advice in Guildford, Surrey and the surrounding area, please get in touch with our expert Will solicitors now.
Our Will advice services in Guildford
Our Will writing solicitors in Guildford can provide expert support for matters including:
- Drafting both straightforward and complex Wills
- Inheritance planning for second marriages, children from previous relationships and other complicated family situations
- Inheritance planning for businesses, international assets and other complex assets
We can also assist with making Lasting Powers of Attorney, which is something many people put in place at the same time as making a Will.
Inheritance tax planning
Our team can assist effective inheritance tax planning, including:
- Inheritance planning for international assets
- Advice on business property relief and agricultural property relief
- Inheritance tax and succession planning for business owners
- Inheritance tax advice for UK non-domiciled individuals
- Charitable giving
See how we can help with tax planning.
Our Guildford Will solicitors have extensive specialist expertise in Will trusts and all other areas of trust law, including:
- Drafting and negotiating trusts deeds and all ancillary documents
- Lifetime trust structures
- Setting up charitable trusts
- Onshore and offshore trust structures
- Advice for trustees
- Trust administration
See how we can help with Will trusts.
We are highly skilled in dealing with all types of Wills and inheritance disputes, with our team being ranked Tier 3 for Contentious Trusts and Probate by the Legal 500. Dispute Resolution Partner James Lister is Band 1 ranked by Chambers & Partners for Private Wealth Disputes, which includes Will disputes.
Our team can assist with matters including:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputing the validity of Wills
- Will fraud
See how we can help with inheritance disputes.
Our Will writing and estate planning fees
During your initial consultation with our team, we will discuss your situation and requirements, then provide a realistic estimate of the expected costs.
We can often offer a fixed fee for the initial Will drafting, to give you more certainty over the costs involved.
For more complex aspects, we will charge according to an hourly rate based on the level of expertise required, although we will again always seek to provide costs estimates.
Why you can rely on our Will solicitors in Guildford
“The advice provided by the team is both ‘impeccable and wise’.”
THE LEGAL 500 UK
With decades of specialist Wills and inheritance planning experience across our team, we can handle even the most complex matters sensitively and effectively. Our team are here to provide the close personal support and clear, pragmatic legal expertise you need.
We are ranked Tier 1 for Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate and Tier 3 for Contentious Trusts and Probate by the Legal 500.
The following members of our private client team are ranked by the highly respected Chambers & Partners client guide:
- James Lister for Private Wealth Disputes (The South)
- Nick Acomb for Private Wealth Law (Guildford & Surrounds)
- Daryl Fox for Private Wealth Law (Guildford & Surrounds)
- Stuart Skeffington for Private Wealth Law (Guildford & Surrounds)
- Rosie Todd for Private Wealth Law (Guildford & Surrounds)
Our private client team includes 11 members of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP), which is the leading global association for professionals specialising in inheritance and succession planning. This reflects the exceptional strength of our private client team, with full STEP membership requiring extensive training and rigorous examination to achieve. James Hardaker holds the STEP Advanced Certificate in Cross-Border Estates and Harriet Irving holds the STEP Advanced Certificate in UK Tax for International Clients.
Our private client solicitors who can assist with Will preparation:
- Nick Acomb
- Daryl Fox
- James Hardaker
- Stuart Skeffington
- Rosie Todd
- Harriet Irving
- Matthew Peto
- Olivia Parrott
- Rachel Tavroges-Hunter
Consult our Will solicitors in Guildford
For clear, sensitive advice on making a Will and estate planning in Guildford, Surrey and the surrounding area, please get in touch with our expert team now.