After the government extended the forfeiture moratorium by another nine months to March 2022, it looks like the impact of the pandemic will affect the commercial property market for some time to come.
This Quarter Day we took stock of the current position and considered what issues might have a lasting impact on commercial property.
Through a series of Q&As we reviewed topics including:
- The latest on current rent restrictions and what it means for landlords and tenants
- Recent court decisions on commercial rent arrears and "COVID defences"
- The impact of the pandemic on lease renewals
- Navigating potential future insolvencies
- Update on CVAs
- Highlights of recent changes in planning law