Our business protection practice consists of a top-ranked, high calibre, multi-disciplined team providing practical end to end advice on all employee competition matters.
The team draws on expertise from across the firm’s Employment, Dispute Resolution, Data Protection, IP and Reputation Management groups. Our cross-group team of commercially-minded lawyers ensures that clients receive joined-up advice on employee competition issues, team moves and injunctions. The team advises clients on matters including drafting and enforcing post-termination restraints through to dealing with data theft and obtaining and defending injunctions.
Particular areas of expertise include:
- Employment restrictions, NDAs and confidentiality provisions
- Advice on rules governing the interception and monitoring of emails and other communications
- Fraud and internal investigations
- High court injunctions and damages claims
- Data theft and data breaches
- Exit strategies, settlement agreements and severance negotiations
- Corporate reputation management, defamation, privacy and trade libel
Our experience includes:
- Representing UK-listed food manufacturer Bakkavor in an interim injunction application and subsequent expedited High Court proceedings for breach of confidence.
- Advising a FTSE 100 company in injunction proceedings against former senior employees and a competitor company for breach of confidential information.
- Data Protection and the cloud issues.
- Acting for a national recruitment agency in a “team move” dispute.
They are professional, hard-working and have an exceptional level of knowledge. They will always take the time to understand your business so that advice is specific. They are the best employment firm I have worked with.
They punch well above their weight in Guildford. They have excellent national and international clients.
The service they provide is excellent in terms of solutions, strategy, thinking and promptness..." and "The quality of the legal analysis was exceptionally high...