Helping clients develop effective strategies for the exploitation of IP and safeguarding IP rights when they are used by others is an important aspect of our work.
No business operates in a vacuum and the arrangements by which IP, resources and expertise are shared have a significant impact. Whether acting for licensors or licensees we help businesses to ensure that they have an appropriate level of control over the technology, brands or other assets that they own or need, while at the same time maximising the potential benefits.
The issues upon which we regularly advise include:
- Patent, trade mark and copyright licences
- Technology transfer agreements
- Joint venture and joint development agreements
- Brand exploitation/marketing agreements
- Software development and licensing arrangements
- IP restructuring