The construction and engineering team invites you to join our annual case law update, presented through two webinars with a third “legal clinic” session to deal with questions.
To view this webinar, please contact email@example.com
In the first webinar we will look at the recent developments in adjudication, covering the most significant cases over the last 12 months. With cash flow never more important, adjudication remains the most expeditious and cost-effective way of pursuing a claim and keeping up to date with the latest decisions is essential. Topics will include:
- COVID-19 – what are the implications for the process?
- Can you adjudicate – do you have a construction contract?
- Challenging a decision – getting the process right
- Insolvency and adjudication – the latest cases and the implications for getting paid
- Update on low value adjudication schemes
Webinar Part 2 - Liability of contractors and consultants, practical completion, insolvency, bonds and payment: a review of the most significant cases
Thursday 18 June 2020, 11am - 11.45am
In the second webinar, we will focus on the cases which directly impact on your business, including Court of Appeal decisions on liability for cladding and payment processes. We will consider:
- Liability for defects and practical completion
- Obligations of contractors, consultants and building inspectors for defective cladding
- Bonds and guarantees – are they enforceable, what rights do they give?
- Insolvency and personal liability
The webinars will not be dry legal lectures. We will be relating the legal developments back to practical advice that you can take away with you. Practical, because members of the team have worked in the construction industry and are aware of the day-to-day issues that can arise on projects. We know what works and what doesn't.
Those who regularly attend our events will know that after the presentation there is a chance to chat through any issues over a glass of wine. While, the technology will not unfortunately stretch to this, we would like to give you the opportunity to put questions to us which arise from the topics covered in the webinars. We will select those that will be relevant to businesses generally and provide thoughts and advice in a follow-up session.
This series of webinars are free to join and each will last 45 minutes.
To book onto the webinar series, please click the below button or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org