Stevens & Bolton advises the shareholders of Inzpire Group Limited on strategic investment by QinetiQ group

Stevens & Bolton advises the shareholders of Inzpire Group Limited on strategic investment by QinetiQ group

Stevens & Bolton LLP has advised the founders and existing investors of multi award-winning supplier of advanced defence managed services Inzpire, on the sale of shares to the QinetiQ group. QinetiQ will become a majority investor in the company, with a 85% share ownership initially and agreement to acquire the remaining 15% after two years.

Based in Lincolnshire, Inzpire is a trusted partner of the UK MOD and employs highly experienced former military personnel who work alongside very skilled defence engineers and business professionals to deliver operationally credible solutions to military customers. QinetiQ is a leading service and engineering company, operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets.

With the support of QinetiQ, Inzpire has an exciting opportunity to expand its product and service offerings to a wider international audience, taking advantage of improved financial investment and well established distribution channels around the world. The companies will work in partnership together to exploit a range of operational synergies.

Hugh Griffiths, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Inzpire, commented: 

“Stevens & Bolton were a joy to work with. Utterly professional and engaging, they supported us exceptionally well through a long and complex process and were both commercial and responsive. They went well above 'above and beyond' to secure a very good result for us. Importantly, we really enjoyed working with them. We have engaged this outstanding team in the past and would do so again without hesitation. I recommend them very highly indeed. Great company, excellent lawyers, nice people.“ 

The Stevens & Bolton team was led by corporate partners Jenny Robertson and Joe Bedford, with support from James Stenning and Joe Armstrong (corporate), Sarah Balchin (corporate tax), Jo Adcock (intellectual property), Gregory Barton (commercial), Ashvind Kaur (real estate) and Shaun Hogan (employment).

Jenny Robertson said: “It has been a pleasure to work with the Inzpire team on this interesting transaction, and over the last few years.  We wish Inzpire and QinetiQ every success in their future partnership.” 

Contact our experts for further advice

Search our site