Andrew is the head of the real estate practice which supports a wide range of clients on real estate projects. He takes pride in delivering a high-quality and responsive service for clients.
Andrew trained in Scotland and worked in leading law firms in London and Australia before joining Stevens & Bolton in 2004. He became a partner in 2006 and took over management of the real estate group in 2017.
Andrew has a very wide range of experience acting for developers, investors, funders and corporate occupiers and believes that enables him to advise a wide range of clients in different situations. Over the years he has built up experience dealing with many assets including offices, nurseries, GP surgeries and pharmacies, car dealerships, care homes, residential development sites, warehousing and distribution, pubs, shops and restaurants. He is actively involved in the healthcare, logistics and leisure sectors.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for a major corporate on the forward funding of a new multimillion pound car import facility project
- Advising a fund on the acquisition of a portfolio of 10 medical centres
- Acting for a major bank on a number of the financing of property portfolios worth multimillions
- Negotiating an agreement for lease with substantial works for a major brewer on its new headquarters
- Advising healthcare funds on all aspects of property management and asset management projects
- Acting for logistics, retail and leisure operators on all aspects of site acquisitions and disposals
- Advising healthcare developers on site acquisition and disposal, pre-letting, development and forward funding of primary care and care home developments
- Acting for a major corporate on the acquisition of a new large build to suit warehouse for distribution of retail products