We offer legal expertise to the automotive sector across a broad range of disciplines to clients of all sizes, whether regional or national, whether in the manufacturing supply chain, a retailer, a technology solutions provider or in the motorsport industry (as part of our sports offering).
Our team recognises the challenges faced by our clients as a consequence of economic, political and environmental change, and has the knowledge and experience to support them in achieving their commercial objectives.
This experience has included:
- Set up, establishment and expansion of all aspects of the automotive supply chain, including retail centres, manufacturing and storage facilities
- Technology agreements and data protection arrangements (including in connection with driverless cars and mapping technology, and the use of “big data” (including telematics))
- Site and dealership portfolio management, including lease negotiations
- Application of the automotive block exemptions and related competition law issues
- Protection of confidential information
- Compliance and disputes advice
- Brand monitoring, including patents, trade marks and design rights, as well as reputation management for racing drivers
- Sponsorship and celebrity endorsement arrangements