Helen advises companies, insolvency practitioners, lenders and directors on a wide range of insolvency and restructuring matters. She has particular experience in acting for insurers and reinsurers in relation to restructuring, insolvency and discontinued business.
Helen joined Stevens & Bolton in 2020. She trained and qualified at a Magic Circle firm and worked for a number of years in the London office of a US firm.
Helen’s experience spans a range of matters including formal insolvency processes, distressed business sales and reorganisations, financial restructuring, advising lenders on the validity and enforcement of security and advising directors on their duties to company and creditors. She has worked widely with clients in the insurance industry, advising on matters including the use of schemes of arrangement and Part VII business transfers as means of exiting from discontinued business lines and bringing finality to run-off.
- As a secondee to Belron Inc, working as part of the in-house team in relation to its €2.2bn sustainability linked syndicated refinancing/debt raise
- Acting for a major national professional services group in relation to the restructuring of its shareholder debt
- Acting for the former directors of an exhibition design and management company in relation to substantial claims against them by the liquidators of the company
- Acting for the administrators of a tech start-up in relation to the administration and pre-pack sale of a business which included providing secure methods to make Covid-test results available digitally
- Acting for the directors and subsequently administrators of a premium wine merchant on the sale of its subsidiary and the pre-pack sale of the business
- Acting for the provisional liquidators of a US insurance company in relation to a long-running insurance insolvency
- Acting for the fifteen solvent pool participants in relation to the WFUM Pools scheme of arrangement, a complex scheme to bring finality to the WFUM Pools business. This included a contested leave to convene hearing (Re Sovereign Marine & General Insurance Company Ltd & Ors  EWHC 1335 (Ch))
- Acting for an insurance group in relation to its internal reorganisation including an insurance business transfer from Germany to the UK
- Acting for the shareholders of a high street insurance broker in relation to a private equity funded management buy-out
Helen regularly writes for legal and industry publications – recent publications include articles for PLC magazine, Lexis PSL, World Financial Review, Energy Digital, The Caterer, and the chapter on insurance insolvency in the Insurance and Reinsurance Legacy Association Handbook.