Helen acts for corporates, lenders, insolvency practitioners and directors on a broad range of restructuring and insolvency matters and general banking and finance transactions.
Helen joined Stevens & Bolton in 2020. She trained and qualified at a Magic Circle firm and subsequently worked for a number of years in the London office of a US firm.
Helen has substantial restructuring and insolvency experience, including acting for secured creditors and insolvency practitioners in relation to formal insolvency processes and distressed business sales, and advising directors on their duties to company and creditors. She has worked widely with clients in the insurance sector, advising on matters including the use of schemes of arrangement and Part VII business transfers. Helen also regularly acts both lender and borrower side in relation to non-distressed corporate lending, leveraged finance and real estate finance transactions.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for insolvency practitioners or purchasers in relation to administration sales and purchases in various sectors, with notable recent matters including advising on the purchase of a major West End casino out of administration
- Advising the directors of a company in the events industry in relation to various significant claims made against them by the liquidators of the company
- Acting for the administrators of an insolvent UK insurer in relation to the run-off of its insurance and reinsurance business, including advising on a potential scheme of arrangement or restructuring plan
- Acting for the provisional liquidators of a US insurance company in relation to its long-running insolvency
- Acting for a multi-national global energy conglomerate on the refinancing of its retail fuel business
- Advising UK challenger and high street banks on leveraged finance and property finance transactions
- Advising a multi-national recruitment business on its refinancing of its loan facility with a direct lender
- Advising an innovative, experience driven technology business on its debt refinancing with a US fund
- As secondee to a multinational corporate, working as part of the in-house legal team in relation to its jumbo investment grade syndicated refinancing
Helen is a member of the TMA (Turnaround Management Association) and sits on its South-East Counties board and "NOW" (Network of Women) committee. She regularly writes for legal and industry publications, including PLC magazine, Lexis PSL, World Financial Review and Accountancy Daily.