Helen advises companies, insolvency practitioners, lenders and directors on a wide range of insolvency and restructuring matters. She has particular experience in acting for insurers and reinsurers in relation to restructuring, insolvency and discontinued business.
Helen joined Stevens & Bolton in 2020. She trained and qualified at a Magic Circle firm and worked for a number of years in the London office of a US firm.
Helen’s experience spans a range of matters including formal insolvency processes, business sales and reorganisations, advising lenders on the validity and enforcement of security and advising directors on their duties to company and creditors. She has worked widely with clients in the insurance industry, advising on matters including the use of schemes of arrangement and Part VII business transfers as means of exiting from discontinued business lines and bringing finality to run-off.
Previous experience includes:
- Advising on insolvency-remote structures for securitisation and other structured financing deals, including the drafting of insolvency risk language for offering circulars and legal opinions
- Acting for the administrators of a large engineering company in relation to the administration and business sale
- Acting for a pool of 16 UK and international insurance companies in relation to the closure of the pool business by way of linked schemes of arrangement, involving a heavily contested leave to convene hearing
- Acting for an insurance group in relation to its internal reorganisation including an insurance business transfer from Germany to the UK
- Acting for the shareholders of a high street insurance broker in relation to a private equity funded management buy-out
Helen has contributed articles to legal and industry publications including PLC Magazine and Insurance Day.