Jeremy is a competition, regulatory and data protection specialist, with experience of guiding clients through complex regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Stevens & Bolton in 2023, Jeremy trained and practised at a City law firm in the London and Brussels offices. Working in Brussels, Jeremy gained experience of EU law, policy and procedures, in addition to advising on UK-based issues. He has also assisted clients through Brexit transition issues.
Jeremy’s competition law expertise includes a wide range of topics including merger control, behavioural issues, state aid and vertical agreements, and has combined work on contentious and advisory matters. In addition, he has extensive experience of advising on regulatory topics such as product compliance, money-laundering, bribery and international sanctions.
Jeremy’s data protection experience includes designing comprehensive compliance programmes and training for clients, in addition to advising on discrete issues and data protection terms in commercial contracts.
Jeremy has helped clients across a diverse range of industries including consumer electronics, technology and IT, media, insurance, energy and transport. He has also acted for high-profile public clients, including Asian Governments on trade related issues, and has delivered training to the UK’s Department of International Trade on EU Trade Policy.
Recent highlights include:
- Preparing a multijurisdictional merger control analysis for a shipping company, and co-ordinating merger-control clearances with local counsel
- Representing an insurance company in a CMA Chapter I investigation
- Advising an energy trade association on developing industry benchmarks in compliance with competition law
- Defending a well-known consumer electronics brand from multiple product compliance investigations in EU Member States
- Creating a bespoke anti-bribery compliance package for a US energy trader starting UK operations
- Developing a GDPR compliance programme for a magazine publisher and lifestyle brand
- Preparing a comprehensive GDPR compliance manual and training programme for an airline
Jeremy co-authored a study prepared for the European Parliament on the impact of the EU-Singapore Free Trade Agreement. He has also delivered training on data protection issues to an aviation trade association.