Our DATA PROTECTION team 'is fully conversant with complex technical details and displays outstanding commercial awareness of the issues'
Issues around data protection are high profile and often come under the spotlight. Cloud technology in particular has increased sensitivity around the handling of personal data.
Key areas of advice include:
- Advice on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) including road map ahead
- Dealing with data breach issues and notifications
- Appointment of data processors, particularly in outsourced services
- Transfers of personal data outside of the EEA
- Preparation of data protection notices on websites and other marketing materials
- Assisting companies to develop compliance guidelines and carry out data protection audits
- Dealing with notifications to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Dealing with subject access requests
- Advice on data protection in the employment setting, including issues arising from employee surveillance
- Advice on rules governing the interception of emails and other communications
- Preparing confidentiality agreements
We are members of the Data Protection Forum and International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAAP).