Corporate Deals Bulletin - Autumn 2018

We are pleased to welcome you to our quarterly corporate deals bulletin, showcasing a selection of the M&A transactions we have been involved in over the past few months.

Recent market reports have indicated a "flurry" of deals completed during the summer, despite otherwise lighter UK M&A activity year to date in 2018, and that reflects our experience of buoyant activity levels during the period.  We have continued to be busy into the autumn with the Stevens & Bolton team again ranked within the top 10 firms by deal volume in the South East in the latest Experian MarketIQ report for the third quarter.

Recent Deal Highlights

CANCOM SE ON ACQUISITION OF IT SOLUTIONS PROVIDER OCSL
Advising CANCOM SE, one of the leading providers of IT infrastructure and services in Germany and Austria with a turnover exceeding €1 billion, on its acquisition of UK based IT solutions provider OCSL.  Read more

BAKKAVOR GROUP PLC ON STRATEGIC ACQUISITION
Advising Bakkavor Group plc, the leading provider of fresh prepared food and a FTSE 250 listed company, on its acquisition of Haydens Bakery Limited from Real Good Food PLC.  Read more

STACKHOUSE POLAND ON ITS ACQUISITION OF TITLE & COVENANT BROKERS
Advising longstanding client Stackhouse Poland on its acquisition of Title & Covenant Brokers, a legal indemnity insurance specialist based in Borehamwood. It is the third deal of the year for Stackhouse Poland, who acquired Caprica Healthcare in January and Honour Point in April.  Read more

OAKNORTH ON ITS FINANCING WITH BAIRD CAPITAL ON NEW ACQUISITION
Advising longstanding client OakNorth on its financing with private equity firm Baird Capital to fund the acquisition of Collingwood Lighting. Collingwood Lighting is a fourth-generation family-owned business, with a market-leading position in the design and supply of luminaires to the professional refurbishment and new-build markets in the UK and France. Read more

SALE OF iCAREHEALTH TO THE ACCESS GROUP
Advising the shareholders of longstanding client and care home software provider iCareHealth on its recent sale to the Access Group. Read more

SALE OF TELEMETRY SERVICES PROVIDER METASPHERE LIMITED
Advising family office investor Kaye Enterprises and the management team on the recent sale of Metasphere Limited to growth equity investors XPV Water Partners Read more

INZPIRE GROUP LIMITED ON STRATEGIC INVESTMENT BY QINETIQ GROUP
Advising the founders and existing investors of multi award-winning supplier of advanced defence managed services Inzpire, on the sale of shares to the QinetiQ group. QinetiQ will become a majority investor in the company, with a 85% share ownership initially and agreement to acquire the remaining 15% after two years. Read more

SONARDYNE INTERNATIONAL LIMITED ON ITS ACQUISITION OF MARITIME AND MARINE SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Advising longstanding client and leading subsea technology developer Sonardyne International Limited, on its acquisition of maritime and marine science technology specialist Chelsea Technologies Group Ltd (also known as CTG).  Read more

Contact our experts for further advice

View profile for James WaddellJames Waddell

Search our site