Alasdair advises clients on a wide variety of contentious matters, with a particular focus on contractual disputes and civil fraud.
Alasdair joined Stevens & Bolton in November 2020 from another Surrey firm. He trained at a litigation boutique in the West End, and before that worked as a fee earning paralegal in the City dealing principally with solicitors’ professional indemnity.
Alasdair has acted for a variety of clients including individuals, SMEs, private companies and a public company.
Recent highlights include:
- Working on a claim for breach of contract and deceit which went to a trial on liability in the Commercial Court
- A dispute arising out of warehousing agreements
- A dispute arising out of a consultancy agreement
Highlights prior to joining Stevens & Bolton include:
- Acting for an African company, obtaining Norwich Pharmacal relief against a bank who had received funds in excess of £1m that had been obtained by the fraud of a third party
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in a claim arising out of a contract for the provision of services at an e-sports event
- Acting for a public company and two individuals in defence of a claim for dishonest assistance in an alleged Missing Trader Intra Community (MTIC) fraud arising out of the spot trading of European Union Emissions Allowances