Stevens & Bolton’s cross-practice Technology and Media group comprises over 25 lawyers.
We provide a full range of services to clients in the Technology and Media sector, and our Technology and Media specialists have an unparalleled knowledge of the legal issues that affect the increasingly convergent digital marketplace, including:
- Privacy & Data Protection
- App development
- Technology-based goods and services
- Content and Digital Media
- Regulatory issues
- Cyber risk
Our clients range from start-ups and digital entrepreneurs to major international technology companies, and we pride ourselves in being able to offer a seamless and value for money service that recognises the very differing needs that they have.
The team is top ranked in Chambers UK, which comments that the firm has "...all the corporate feel of a major City firm..." and gives "...very pragmatic, down-to-earth, reliable advice..."
Recent examples of the team’s work include:
- Advising one of the largest technology companies on AIM on a placing and buy-out of a US joint venture partner
- Advising exiting shareholders of many privately-owned technology companies on sales to major corporates, and advising major corporates making such acquisitions
- Acting for a leading cinema chain, preparing and negotiating draft contracts for the supply of IMAX technology systems within their cinemas
- Advising a leading global hosting company on regulatory issues, investigations and software security issues
- Advising a payment and transaction processing system provider on transaction processing agreements with its household name retail clients, including a major retail bank equipment estate of a large retail chain