Hannah is experienced in advising on a wide range of employment and HR issues, representing both employers and senior executives.
Hannah qualified as a solicitor in 2004 and was made partner in 2017. She has experience of working in-house and private practice, which enables her to operate as an effective extension to client legal and HR teams. Her in-house experience includes an extended secondment to a global media group, working as their sole UK employment counsel.
Hannah advises clients across many sectors including automotive, technology, oil and gas, professional services and insurance. She is experienced in all aspects of employment law including handling employment disputes, implementing dismissals and collective redundancies, advising on employment and the TUPE aspects of business acquisitions, disposals and outsourcing.
Hannah has a wealth of employment tribunal experience and is seasoned in defending and bringing claims including unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing. She is also experienced in representing clients at judicial mediation.
Hannah supports both company boards and directors in relation to service agreements, remuneration and equity incentives, terminations and settlement agreement negotiations, disputes and anti-competitive provisions such as restrictive covenants.
Recent highlights include:
- Handling the national employment tribunal case load of a global oil and gas group
- Advising the US parent of a global logistics company on the exit of their UK CEO and negotiation of a settlement agreement
- Advising a leading UK travel operator on the implementation of a collective redundancy exercise involving approximately 200 employees
- Acting for a CEO in negotiating the terms of his exit from a casual dining group and successive appointment to the Board of a national leisure group, including restrictive covenant and reputation management issues
- Advising a leading automotive manufacturer on employment and HR issues including disciplinary matters, compliance and the handling the defence of their employment tribunal claims
Hannah is sought out by the legal, HR and national press to comment on topical employment law cases and issues. She has been quoted in The Times, The Telegraph and BBC news online.
Hannah is a founder member of the Consulting Editorial Board of LexisPSL.