Kerry advises on the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters as well as business immigration.
Kerry is a partner and head of the employment, immigration and pensions practice. Prior to joining Stevens & Bolton in 2006, she qualified and worked at a top international law firm.
Kerry advises on strategic HR issues and contentious and non-contentious employment matters. Her experience includes drafting contracts and staff handbooks, advising on dismissals and termination packages, collective redundancies and reorganisations, discrimination, family friendly rights and advising in relation to and preparing for Employment Tribunal claims. She also has particular expertise in advising on TUPE and business transfers, both in the context of outsourcing and business acquisitions.
In addition, Kerry is experienced in all aspects of business immigration law and right to work issues. She regularly advises employers in relation to Skilled Worker and Intra Company Transfer applications (previously Tier 2 applications), including assisting employers with the sponsorship registration process, assigning certificates of sponsorship and entry clearance and extension applications. She also advises on sponsor compliance issues, as well as right to work checks. Additionally, she advises in relation to indefinite leave to remain and naturalisation applications, and is currently advising clients on the impact of the end of the Brexit transition period on their ability to employ European nationals and on the recent changes to the sponsorship regime.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a number of clients on restructuring and collective redundancies, including a publishing company and a well-known luxury hotel group
- Advising clients, including a publishing company and a coffee and drink machine supplier, on projects such as reductions to pay and reducing working hours
- Advising a large multinational manufacturing company on outsourcing services to a company in eastern Europe, including drafting and negotiating complex TUPE provisions and managing a project to ensure that the many transferring employees sign up to a settlement agreement prior to each of the phased transfer dates
- Advising a well-known technology company in relation to the employment and HR issues arising from restructuring the group after an acquisition, including advising on the impact of TUPE and the information and consultation process
- Advising a FTSE 100 business in relation to the TUPE provisions in a contract with a supermarket, including negotiating the TUPE clauses and obtaining cover for redundancy costs following the transfer
- Advising a special gases provider in connection with holiday pay calculations factoring in various overtime arrangements and allowances, including in relation to union negotiations and drafting the collective agreement to reflect the agreed terms
- Advising a luxury retailer in relation to a complex discrimination and whistleblowing claim, which ultimately settled before the hearing
- Advising clients, including a pharmaceutical company and food and beverage brand, on all of their UK business immigration matters, including advising on sponsor compliance, issuing Certificates of Sponsorship and assisting with Skilled Worker (previously Tier 2) immigration applications
Kerry regularly has articles published in the HR press and provides comments to the media on employment and immigration matters. She also provides tailored training to clients and runs webinars.