Lloyd is an experienced employment lawyer, advising clients across numerous sectors on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues.
Lloyd became a partner in 2015, having joined Stevens & Bolton in 2013 from an international law firm.
He advises on tricky employee relations matters, strategic HR projects, senior executive disputes, restructurings and reorganisations, employee/worker/contractor status, sensitive discrimination matters, TUPE and outsourcing, restrictive covenants and protecting business interests, defending employment tribunal claims and employee data privacy/GDPR issues. He has a focus on the technology, media and retail sectors.
Lloyd has strong links with international law firms around the world as a result of his role on the firm’s International Practice Group (responsible for international business development and strategy). He is also part of the firm’s inward investment team, which assists overseas businesses with setting up and growing their operations in the UK.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a public-listed international gaming business on the departure of its CEO and negotiating favourable exit terms
- Advising a food preparation business on an executive restructuring programme
- Advising a senior partner in a professional services firm on claims of race and age discrimination and securing favourable settlement terms
- Supporting numerous US-based legal and HR teams with their UK employment law issues, from first hires and effective performance management to separations
- Defending a financial services company from high-value and potentially high-profile allegations of whistleblowing and discrimination against its CEO
- Advising a global IT outsourcing and consultancy business on its UK employment law issues, including TUPE and Agency Worker Regulations advice on transactions, IR35, modern slavery obligations and employee relations issues
- Advising a London media agency on IP ownership, GDPR compliance, freelancer and worker status issues
- Advising a banking solutions and retail technology business in relation to GDPR compliance and TUPE contract negotiations in the context of outsourcing
Lloyd is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association, the European Employment Lawyers Association and the International Bar Association.