The quality of our lawyers is central to our success, as is our firm-wide investment in learning and development. We recognise individual talent and work with our lawyers to support the development of not only high-quality technical expertise, but also commercial thinking, emotional intelligence, and business development acumen.
As a lawyer at Stevens & Bolton, you will benefit from:
- On the job legal training and knowledge sharing opportunities from our industry-leading senior partners and lawyers
- Our targeted business skills programme that is reviewed and updated annually in line with business needs
- Specific legal technical skills training carried out within practice groups and largely managed through the in-house knowledge lawyers
- Development activities tailored to your individual goals and current stage of career progression
- The opportunity to learn and build your personal networks via a peer-to-peer Link and Learn programme for associates
Regular informal career review discussions provide support and guidance for lawyer’s professional and personal development. From day one you will be assigned a career review partner who will work with and mentor you through your personal career journey at Stevens & Bolton. They will help to ensure your development objectives are identified and supported and that you are provided with regular "real time" feedback. The outcomes of individual, departmental and firm-wide objectives help to inform the content of our business skills programme which is refreshed every year to ensure it is relevant and current.
We are committed to developing our knowledge management systems to ensure that our lawyers are equipped to deliver the best value to our clients. Our knowledge management team provides not only technical legal support but also has a key business development role, working closely with our lawyers and business development team, for example, on pitches and presentations, as well as providing tailored client, sector and industry alerts and access to reports.