Beverley focuses on helping clients with contracts, IT, data protection and cybersecurity.
Beverley is head of the commercial and technology team and leads the data protection practice. Beverley has over 25 years’ experience and joined Stevens & Bolton from a City firm, having worked internationally. She has worked in-house on secondment and on retainer, including with manufacturing clients and major pharmaceutical companies.
Beverley has significant experience advising on contracts, procurement, IT and ecommerce related matters. These include manufacturing, software licencing, services, standard terms, tenders, commercial agency, distribution, facilities management and business process outsourcing. She also advises clients on data protection and GDPR including cookies, international transfers, data protection policies and subject access requests, as well as other data matters such as freedom of information issues.
Beverley explains the technical complexities of these areas to clients with clear and commercial language. She advises businesses across a range of industries and her particular sector specialisms include IT, retail, manufacturing, life sciences and energy and renewables.
Recent highlights include:
- Leading on the IT aspects of SecurMed’s work, the UK authority responsible for implementing the requirements of the Falsified Medicines Directive, including liaising with the European Medicines Authority
- Acting as lead counsel to the UK executive team of Kia UK Limited on its commercial contract and procurement arrangements
- Advising Ylem Energy, smart energy generation and control and storage systems, on a range of contracts including energy service companies (ESCOs) contracts
- Advising the procurement team of Nature’s Way, manufacturer of fresh convenient food, on its invitation to tenders and arrangements with suppliers
- Advising a UK and US-based accountancy and payroll provider on the GDPR requirements on transfers of personal data between the US and the UK, including with regards to model clauses and Privacy Shield
- Advising a pensions firm on its role and duties under GDPR and drafting data processing, joint controller and controller arrangements with trustees
Beverley is an expert on the panel of New Law Journal and on the commercial and data protection editorial board of LexisNexis. She speaks at numerous seminars and webinars and provides in-house legal training. Beverley is ranked in Chambers UK for both information technology and data protection and information law. She is also recommended in The Legal 500 for IT and telecoms.
Beverley is a member of the Society for Computers and Law (SCL) and the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).