Our ‘extremely knowledgeable’ COMPETITION team provides ‘clear, tailored advice’
CMA, European Commission and Investigations
It is crucial that regulatory investigations are handled sensitively from the outset and that the correct strategy is adopted.
We have experience of many of the most significant competition investigations under the current regime from both an investigator’s and defendant’s perspective and we can therefore adopt the right approach to achieve the best result for you and your business.
Our experience includes:
- Defending numerous parties accused of anti-competitive practices including in the Tobacco investigation and Cardiff Bus
- Advising companies in relation to cartel investigations before the European Commission including in the Airfreight, LCD Screen, Refrigeration Compressor, Automotive Electronic Components and Optical Disk Drive cartel investigations
- Participating in the case review and investigations teams in a number of key OFT investigations including the Dairy Pricing Initiatives, the Construction Investigation, Independent Schools, Cityhook, and Aluminium Spacer Bars
- Carrying out ‘dawn raids’ for the Office of Fair Trading as well as in conjunction with the European Commission
- Acting as local dawn raid contact for a multi-national company
- Representing a director in OFT investigations in the context of a leniency application
- Advising companies on complaints to the OFT and strategies when faced with alleged anti-competitive behaviour