Our ‘extremely knowledgeable’ COMPETITION team provides ‘clear, tailored advice’
It is a key part of any corporate transaction to identify if national or supra-national thresholds for merger control filing are met, and then to deal expeditiously with any filings required.
We can assist with advice on a preliminary basis, and then advise on and carry out any filings required at a UK or EU level. We are also experienced at coordinating filings across multiple jurisdictions through our international network of law firms.
Our experience includes:
- Representing a consortium of multi-nationals on global merger filing requirements arising from a UK acquisition
- Advising multi-national companies on the notification of cross-border mergers to the European Commission and national competition authorities in Europe
- Providing FTSE 100 and 250 companies on strategic advice in relation to major filing requirements and risks
- Dealing with merger control risks arising from a non notified transaction
- Obtaining clearances from multiple jurisdictions on behalf of a leading raw materials manufacturer
- While at the OFT (now the CMA) taking decisions on a variety of key mergers including Exeter Airport/Macquarie/Ferrovial and HP/Heinz
- Considering the implementation and release of undertakings in lieu of reference