Our ‘extremely knowledgeable’ COMPETITION team provides ‘clear, tailored advice’
Litigation, appeals and disputes work
With reforms to the UK regime, litigation is likely to become an increasingly material part of competition law risks (and opportunities) for businesses.
We can advise you in relation to litigation risks, where necessary in combination with the skills and expertise of our dispute resolution team and external counsel.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully defending a claimant against competition law arguments in the High Court in Jones v Ricoh
- Advising a significant raw materials provider on competition law arguments in a claim that was successfully settled
- Defending litigation and disciplinary proceedings in Cardiff Bus
- Acting for companies on appeals to the Competition Appeal Tribunal, including in the Tobacco Investigation
- Acting for the OFT in numerous appeals to the Competition Appeal Tribunal, including in Attheraces, Aberdeen Journals and Napp Pharmaceuticals
- Advising companies in relation to appeals before the General Court against the European Commission's cartel decisions in the Airfreight and LCD screen cases.