With 2018 already looking buoyant for S&B’s M&A team, we look back and thank all our clients and referrers for their support during the last 12 months. We have enjoyed another strong year in 2017, closing deals with an aggregate value of more than £3billion. These transactions supported our clients across a wide variety of industries, sectors and locations. Over a third of deals involved an international or cross-border element.
Ranked ‘National Leaders outside of London’ for a fourth year by Chambers UK, our team of over 25 specialist M&A lawyers is supported by high quality expertise covering banking and finance, tax, real estate, employment, pensions, competition, commercial, IT, IP and regulatory.
Head of Stevens & Bolton's M&A practice, James Waddell, commented:
“We are delighted to have enjoyed such a busy period of deal-doing during the last 12 months. We focus hard on providing a tailored, efficient and well-managed M&A offering across a wide range of projects and on ensuring that our lawyers are commercially minded and well-trained and resourced to provide really excellent service. 2017’s transactions have included an interesting mix of sale mandates, guiding owners of entrepreneurial companies on some life-changing exits, together with strong activity levels from our roster of repeat-acquiring corporate clients. We also have a growing reputation in the private equity market, particularly for management advisory work. Sectors in which we have been active this year include technology, insurance and education. S&B’s M&A team would like to thank our clients for making 2017 such a successful year and look forward to working with you in 2018 and beyond.”
For further information on our corporate practice, please click here.
2017 Deal Highlights
- Advising management on sale of Asquith Day Nurseries and Pre-Schools to NYSE-listed Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc group
- Advising the shareholders of technology company Consolidated Financial Holdings A/S on its sale to Playtech, a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries, for up to $120,000,000
- Acting for Rayner Surgical Group on its investment by Phoenix Equity Partners to help spur the company’s continued growth in the ophthalmic implants and pharmaceuticals industry
- Advising management on the sale of Microlease Group to Electro Rent Corporation of California, having previously acted on the original LDC investment
- Acting for Merino Private Equity on its investment in bike retailer Paul’s Cycles
- Advising the management team of Broker Network, the UK’s leading network for independent insurance brokers, on the acquisition of its second regional broking power house and Broker Network Member, Boyd Insurance
- Acting for the sports production company Input Video Limited on its acquisition by Gravity Media Group, the owner of worldwide broadcast service specialists Gearhouse Broadcast and Hyperactive Broadcast
- Advising Metropolis International, a fast growth media and technology group, on its acquisition of 11 former Emap magazine business-to-business brands and on the amendment of its term and revolving loan facilities with Lloyds
- Advising Belgium based HF Holding SA on its acquisition of Gantrail International Limited, specialists in providing design and support solutions for the provision of the crane rail interface for projects worldwide
- Acting for longstanding client and specialist insurance broker Stackhouse Poland on four of their strategic transactions as they continue on their growth journey
- Advising specialist concrete frame and building contractors Byrne Group on a strategic investment by Wilson Bayly Holmes-Ovcon, one of the biggest construction groups operating in South Africa
- Advising the management team of south-east nursery group ICP Nurseries on the acquisition of Friends Private Day Nursery Limited and St. Ives Nursery Limited
- Acting for the management team of Thesis Asset Management plc, a well-established provider of discretionary wealth management and financial services, on its £47million sale to newly incorporated Regit Bidco Limited
- Advising boutique fitness studio Frame, and its shareholders, on investment by private equity firm Piper to help fund its expansion further across London and nationwide
- Acting for Independent Plant Hire Group Limited, and its equity investor Merino Private Equity Limited, on their acquisition of Jovic Plant Hire
"..a solid team of experts capable of handling the full gamut of corporate work"
CHAMBERS UK 2018