Our cross-practice fraud and asset recovery team acts on a wide range of fraud, recovery and enforcement related work.
Comprising specialists from the firm’s dispute resolution, restructuring and insolvency and private wealth disputes practices, we leverage the expertise required to support clients that have been affected by fraud.
Acting for owner-managed or medium sized businesses, company directors, trustees, investors, individuals and insolvency practitioners, we have a broad view of the market, enabling us to spot the potential for fraud before it develops. We use this insight, providing clear and practical advice, to help clients proactively manage fraud risk and implement policies and procedures to protect against dishonest practices.
We understand that speed is crucial when responding to acts of fraud – to prevent further losses and recover assets – and consequently we have a strong track record in asset recovery and effective enforcement action. We regularly obtain and defend injunctions required to limit or prevent the consequences of fraud – including freezing injunctions, proprietary injunctions, search and seize orders and third party disclosure orders – and call upon a trusted international network of experts should a matter become cross-border. We also have relationships with third party funders and, if required, can explore funding structures that enable clients to minimise risk whilst recovering losses.
- Conducting fraud investigations (including on site)
- Asset recovery and enforcement action
- Advice on enforcement and remedies
- Obtaining and defending injunction applications
- Third-party negligence claims
- Contempt of court proceedings
- Advising on and implementing risk management programmes
- Terminating fraudulent transactions
- Liaising with police and regulatory authorities