Our PRIVATE CLIENT team prefers simplicity over complexity, delivering valued advice with a personal touch
Probate and Estate Administration
A Grant of Probate is the authority for the executors to deal with a deceased’s estate and to give effect to the provisions of the Will.
We deal efficiently and sympathetically with a full range of estates in a wide variety of family circumstances. We have considerable experience in administering the estates of individuals who hold international assets, as well as dealing with complex conflict of law and cross border tax issues (where we regularly work with advisers in other countries).
The team provides a “responsive, tailored service” and gives “consistently reliable advice”
The support we typically offer includes:
- completing inheritance tax returns and obtaining the Grant of Probate;
- collecting in the deceased’s assets and distributing them to the beneficiaries;
- preparing estate accounts;
- establishing and advising on trusts created under the deceased’s Will; and
- dealing with the tax affairs of the deceased and for the period of administration.
Other common aspects of estate administration work which we advise on include intestate estates (which is where someone dies without a Will) and post-death variations (which are usually undertaken for tax planning purposes within two years of the deceased’s death).