With over 25 years' experience in business and law, Gary advises clients on a wide range of commercial, insurance, technology, IT and data protection matters.
Prior to joining Stevens & Bolton in 2015, Gary spent eight years at a large global firm where he also undertook high-profile secondments to RSA, ACE and Swiss Re. Before training at a City firm, Gary began his career in the IT industry, working as a project manager at a well-known telecommunications business, where he gained valuable industry knowledge handling major outsourcing arrangements for corporate clients.
Gary’s experience includes digital technology, outsourcing, data privacy and security, ecommerce, intellectual property, procurement, advertising and other commercial law matters. He has particular expertise advising clients operating in the insurance sector, providing specialist commercial law advice on insurance distribution arrangements, TOBAs, affinity partnership projects, outsourcings (both onshore and offshore), IT projects (including InsurTech arrangements) and complex data protection matters.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising Qatar Insurance Company (QIC) on data privacy matters and its general commercial contracts work, including reviewing and negotiating insurance-specific contracts
- Providing full-service commercial and transactional support to Unum, a specialist insurance and employee benefits provider, including with supplier and intermediary agreements, product distribution and introducer arrangements and app-based services
- Advising a leading employee benefits technology business on all commercial, IT and data protection matters
- Advising Broker Network Limited on all of its day-to-day commercial arrangements, including agreements with brokers, insurers and technology providers
- Advising a leading global insurer on its third-party administrator (TPA) arrangements
- Advising FGX Inc., the US-headquartered owner of the Foster Grant sunglasses brand, on commercial, IT and data privacy matters
Gary is a member of the Society for Computers & Law and iTechLaw.