We have experience advising clients on a range of consumer protection issues and have worked with clients from a variety of sectors, including food and drink, retail and charities on how to comply with their obligations.
Our work includes advising on:
- Compliance with consumer protection regulations when selling online, from advising on the customer journey to preparing sales terms
- The impact of the Consumer Contracts Regulations on sales to consumers
- Consumer credit legislation, including the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and preparing regulated agreements
- Marketing, advertisements, competitions, free prize draws and other sales promotions aimed at consumers
- Enforcement action under consumer protection legislation including by the OFT (now the CMA), Trading Standards and Local Authorities