Our multi-disciplinary REGULATORY team advises across a wide range of client sectors and practice areas
Planning and Environment
Stevens & Bolton LLP is one of the few law firms in the south with specialist environmental expertise.
Our environment team is listed as a leading practice by Chambers UK and The Legal 500, and individual members are recognised by all of the major legal directories.
We regularly advise clients on:
- Environmental and climate change issues in share and asset transactions, including the environmental and climate change aspects of a share transaction of over £1.1bn, and in property transactions
- Environmental compliance issues arising from commercial contracts including advice to commercial occupiers in relation to remediation issues
- Regulatory and liability matters relating to contaminated land and other environmental liability issues
- Waste issues including alleged breaches of waste management licences, and negotiating on behalf of clients with the Environment Agency
- Statutory nuisances
- Asbestos liabilities
- Environmental provisions in insurance policies
- Environmental claims
Additionally, Valerie Fogleman is leading a project with other members of a consortium for the European Commission on financial security under the Environmental Liability Directive.
We work closely with a specialist planning law firm to provide advice in relation to planning law matters including:
- Planning applications and appeals
- Drafting and negotiating planning obligations
- Regulatory matters including advising clients on alleged breaches of planning control, enforcement notices, appeals and prosecutions
- Evidence required to support certificate of lawfulness applications
- Issues relating to the local plan process
- Judicial review of decisions by local planning authorities and the planning inspectorate(including advice to interested parties)
- EIA and SEA
- Advertisement consents
- Highways (including public rights of way)
Clients of the team range from multinationals and FTSE 100 companies to owner-managed businesses.