Any business promoting products and services, especially to consumers, needs to ensure that its activities comply with the relevant legal requirements and applicable codes of practice in this highly regulated area.
Many advertising and marketing activities are also dependent on putting in place the right contractual arrangements, such as fulfilment contracts, contracts for the production of promotional items, sponsorship agreements and appointments of agency and other professional service providers.
Key areas of advertising and marketing advice:
- Advice on copy and claims and the impact of ASA and other relevant codes
- Advising on relevant consumer legislation such as the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations
- Advice on pricing claims and promotions
- Advice on comparative advertising issues
- Advice on terms and conditions of sales promotions
- Advice on the legality of competitions and prize draws under the UK Gambling Act
- Handling ASA and other authority complaints
- Preparing agency and other media contracts
- Preparing sponsorship contracts
- Advising on data protection implications of marketing activities
- Appointment of outsourced service providers such as external sales teams and other sales support services (see also outsourcing)