We advise businesses on redundancies and restructuring, ranging from individual redundancies to large scale reorganisations, site relocations and business closures. We also support businesses in relation to other cost saving measures, including pay reductions, reduced working hours schemes, and accessing government employer relief where applicable.
Our experience includes:
- Providing strategic advice in relation to restructuring and redundancy programmes and business transformation projects
- Advising on procedure, including complying with collective and individual redundancy consultation obligations and managing internal communications and meetings
- Formulating severance proposals, including advising on employee tax, immigration, restrictive covenants/business protection and other implications
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
- Delivering training to employers, business managers and employee representatives to enable them to discharge their obligations effectively
- Assisting with pre-action dispute resolution including ACAS early conciliation and mediation
- Defending employment disputes and litigation.
For more information on general advice on settlement agreements, please click here.
For more information on TUPE please click here.