Data privacy compliance cannot be ignored. Data privacy issues have increased in number and become more complex since the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Employees have a greater awareness of their rights and there is potential for significant financial and reputational damage resulting from non-compliance or data breaches.
Data protection considerations are relevant at multiple points in the employment life cycle, from recruitment to termination.
Our highly experienced team can:
- Assist with all aspects of data protection compliance
- Prepare and review relevant documents and policies e.g. Employee Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policies
- Assist with complying with and responding to data subject access requests, which are often made for strategic reasons
- Provide support when a data breach or suspected data breach occurs
- Liaise with the ICO in relation to data privacy issues or complaints
- Supporting your data protection officer
As well impacting HR, data protection impacts upon many different areas of an organisation. Our wider data protection and cybersecurity team provides commercially focussed advice on compliance in relation to all aspects of data privacy. Please click here for more information.