We advise businesses on all aspects of engaging contractors and consultants, including advising on the implications of employment status/worker status of their workforce.
We understand that this area of law is ever-changing and our clients’ need for practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. We offer advice that is tailored to those needs.
We offer holistic advice on the employment and tax implications of our clients’ staffing structure. We also advise on the application and effect of the IR35 anti-tax avoidance rules. Please click here for more information about our corporate tax services.
Our particular expertise includes:
- Advising on atypical workers and their status and rights, including in relation to agency workers and recruitment businesses
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on consultancy and contractor agreements
- Advising on the tax implications of a proposed contractor engagement structure
- Advising and providing training on IR35
- Advising on data protection obligations in respect of contractors who may be data controllers or data processors